If you are interested in applying for any of our open positions please apply online through our Applicant Portal.
The Administrative Specialist is the front door and face of the organization. The position manages, among other things, the flow of traffic through the building, calls coming into the organization, mail coming in and going out of the organization, and scheduling for outpatient treatment services. The position ensures that someone is available at the front desk during business hours to assist people entering the building. The position exercises discretion, uses sound judgment and initiative in determining what action should be taken while delivering a high level of customer service.
Reports to: Outpatient Services Director
- Deliver a high level of customer service in welcoming and directing visitors, whether in person or on the telephone.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors: inquire about nature and urgency of their business; answer questions on the status of current projects; use tact and discretion in the amount and type of information given to various parties and relay messages of a confidential nature.
- Use the electronic health record program to record contact with individuals inquiring about JYS services or referring individuals for an assessment.
- Assist families with the paperwork necessary to complete an intake assessment. Assist returning families with updating paperwork as needed for continued treatment.
- Schedule treatment sessions for outpatient clinicians and psychiatrist in the electronic health record system or calendar as needed. Make reminder calls one to two days before appointments to minimize no-shows.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area.
- Distribution of all agency mail, including coordination of bulk mailings.
- Copy documents and operate other pertinent office equipment. Monitor and maintain office equipment and arrange for necessary repair work when needed.
- Edit and create phone lists and other agency forms.
- Ability to take meeting notes, prepare and distribute minutes.
- Maintain all conference rooms and agency calendars.
- Responsible for coordinating all the details for various meetings, agency trainings and events.
- Excellent telephone, verbal communication, listening, professionalism, customer focus, organization, handle pressure well, supply inventory management skills.
- Detail oriented, exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with employees and the general public.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Strong ability to organize, schedule and compile information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take prompt, effective action.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and perform assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain a professional personal presence.
- May be required to lift and carry file boxes and similar office materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of administrative, clerical and office procedures experience preferred.
- Intermediate skill set with Microsoft Office software.
- This position requires clearance of state and federal background checks.
NOTE: JYS is a dynamic organization changing as needed to best address its goals. This job description is representative of duties at a moment in time and is intended as a “living