This position performs billing and accounts receivable functions through third party billings for Juneau Youth Services (JYS), a community behavioral health organization providing services to youth experiencing significant emotional or behavioral difficulties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate the billing of the services provided at JYS.
- Verify insurance eligibility and determine payer sequence.
- Maintain billing records and files according to agency procedures.
- Submit accurate billings to Medicaid according to Medicaid Mental Health and Chemical Dependency billing policy and procedures.
- Submit accurate billings to third party payers, such as insurance companies, utilizing appropriate coding and applicable programs.
- Follow up on billings and correct as required on a timely basis and as required.
- Document all billing activity including communications via email, mail, phone and fax.
- Prepare simple queries to research data.
- Prepare simple statistical records and reports.
- Inform the Supervisor of issues in billing data as needed.
- Provide administrative support by answering and transferring calls as needed.
- Attend and participate in department and organization meetings.
- Support and contribute to the accomplishment of agency goals and objectives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of medical, behavioral and third party billing procedures.
- Abide by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ability to organize, evaluate and present billing information and reports effectively, orally and in writing.
- Efficiently organize and prioritize work. Good time management skills.
- Contribute positively as a team member.
Full-Time Employment Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Agency paid employee assistance program
- Paid holidays
For more information about the benefits please contact the Human Resource department.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Enter data in an accurate and timely manner and prepare reports.
- Learn and operate the billing system.
- This position requires clearance of state and federal background checks.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to learn more about, please contact Human Resources at Juneau Youth Services by calling (907) 523-6502, email email@example.com or apply now by downloading an employment application from the JYS website: http://www.jys.org. Applications can be returned to Human Resources in person (2075 Jordan Avenue Juneau, AK 99801), via fax (907-789-8401), or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).