Human Resource Manager
This position performs a range of human resource support activities in the areas of recruitment, input of personnel forms, orientation of new employees, and benefits administration working in conjunction with the Human Resource Manager to fulfill the responsibilities as detailed below.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborate with program and department staff to clarify personnel needs and job descriptions.
• Post all open job opportunities.
• Review all personnel related forms submitted for hiring, benefits enrollment, and job status changes, in a timely manner.
• Administer health insurance enrollment of new employees.
• Communicate all health, retirement, and worker’s compensation insurance with all in-coming employees.
• Establish employee file records, generate and distribute reports on program and department staffing.
• Data entry of all pre-employment contact, as well as orientation and on-boarding data.
• Update all job postings and all materials related to employment positions within the agency.
• Assist directors and coordinators in agency hiring.
• Assist with recruiting and staff retention strategies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Aptitude to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
• Willingness to act as a constant positive Ambassador of Juneau Youth Services, on and off “the clock”.
• Ability to conduct themselves in a calm, professional manner at all times.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, regarding regulations and procedures involving sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively organize and prioritize work.
• Contribute positively as a team member.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• High School Diploma or GED and three years of experience in organizational management, supervision and/or human resources.
• Ability to work with individuals and a commitment to organizational goals.
• Ability to work with people from various cultural backgrounds, levels of education and experience. Ability to cope with conflicting points of view, function under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness.
• This position requires clearance of state and federal background checks.
• Must have current Alaska driver’s license and auto insurance per agency standards.
NOTE: JYS is a dynamic organization changing as needed to best address its goals. This job description is representative of primary duties and is intended as a “living document” updated periodically to reflect changes in job responsibilities and/or emphasis. It is not intended or implied to be an employment contract but is a communication tool to explain the responsibilities, advertise the job and identify performance measures and potential training needs.
If you are interested in applying for any of our open positions please apply online through our Applicant Portal.