This position performs a range of administrative support tasks and is responsible for maintaining the orderly flow of assessment treatment and documentation for Juneau Youth Services (JYS) clients.
- Provide reception services as first point of contact.
- Knowledgeable of JYS programs to assist clients with accessing the appropriate services.
- Ability to cross-reference multiple calendars to determine availability and schedule appointments.
- Collect applicable insurance and custody information from client/family.
- Manage intake paperwork with client and family including preparing information in advance and processing after intake is complete.
- Maintain Psychiatrist’s case load and schedule.
Case Management responsibilities:
- Schedule clinical activities for assigned assessments.
- Coordinate referral and intake systems.
- Communicate with referral sources and process clinical recommendations.
- Management of client waitlist/accepted records.
- Provide leadership team with reports regarding referrals and recommendations.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of client health information is maintained.
Skills and Abilities:
- Sensitivity to client/family issues.
- Understanding of cultural diversity.
- Understand the indicators of crisis/trauma and mandatory reporting laws.
- Utilize Electronic Health Records.
- Ability to de-escalate individuals in crisis/trauma.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- One year experience working in Human Services or related type field.
- Adult and Child/Infant CPR Certification & First Aid Certification.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MAB).
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to learn more about, please contact Human Resources at Juneau Youth Services by calling (907) 523-6502, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now by completing the application through the link on the Careers page of www.jys.org.