The Residential Supervisor is the person responsible for maintaining safe and supportive operations in the residential unit assigned to them at all times.
Reports to: Residential Manager
Supervises: Behavioral Health Associates, Advanced Behavioral Health Associates
Provide extensive day-to-day direction, training and support to program staff with an emphasis on involving parents, families and natural supports, along with strong customer service ideals consistent with agency philosophy and policy.
Setting and maintaining a comfortable, professional environment on the unit:
• Providing on-site orientation for new staff. Ensuring orientation documentation is provided to the JYS Corporate Trainer.
• Ensuring balanced meals and snacks are planned and provided, and in accordance with young people’s cultural preferences, possible allergies, and other dietary restrictions are considered.
Ensuring documentation is completed in a timely manner and according to JYS standards:
• Reviewing documentation and providing second signatures
Ensuring the unit is safe at all times:
• Running various safety drills as required in the residential Licensing regulations and outlined by the Facilities Director. Providing documentation of drills to the Facilities Director.
Generating staffing schedules, ensuring proper coverage at all times.
Embracing, adhering to and providing consultation in the Teaching Family Model:
• Ensuring youth receive earned privileges
• Ensuring that target skills are reviewed frequently and the Teaching Family Motivation System is implemented correctly.
• Providing consultation to unit staff in accordance with the model
Participate in the Behavior Support On Call rotation.
Adhere to Residential Licensing Standards, Accreditation Standards, Medicaid Standards, and JYS policies and procedures.
Provides guidance in crisis and emergency situations.
Communicate with parents and treatment teams consistently (at least weekly) regarding progress of the young people we serve.
Ensure all other needs of the residents are managed, including, but not limited to:
• School attendance
• Medical appointments
• Appointments with other providers
• Adherence to a daily schedule including special outings for youth
• Provision of supplies to enable age-appropriate and culturally/socially appropriate activities
Actively support and contribute to the accomplishment of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) goals and objectives within assigned program and agency wide.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of child and adolescent development, Teaching Family Model, cultural awareness and mental illness.
Ability to engage youth experiencing severe emotional disabilities.
Ability to engage, encourage and motivate staff who work directly with youth experiencing severe emotional disabilities.
Strong communication skills and demonstrated comfort talking with parents, teachers, probation officers, law enforcement, doctors and other stakeholders JYS collaborates with.
Understanding of laws and regulations effecting residential treatment of youth.
Skilled in agency’s Electronic Health Record use and treatment documentation protocols to ensure timely billing and protect client privacy & confidentiality.
Ability to prioritize responsibilities and use effective time management skills in a fast paced work environment.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing behavioral health services to youth and families in a community setting or a Degree in behavioral health field and two (2) years’ experience providing behavioral health services to youth and families in a community setting.
Certification as a provider in the Teaching Family Model is preferred. If the candidate is not certified in Teaching Family, they must achieve and demonstrate proficient knowledge and application of the Teaching Family Model within six months from start date as a Residential Supervisor in order to maintain this position.
Current Alaska driver’s license and auto insurance per agency standards.
Clean driving record for the past three years.
Clearance of state and federal background checks.
If you are interested in applying for any of our open positions please apply online through our Applicant Portal.