This position is responsible for implementing specific curriculum to JYS clients ages 5 to 18 years of age.
- Implement curriculum for the academic development of assigned program clients based on individualized education plans (IEP).
- Conduct client evaluations to assess educational needs.
- Maintain a consistent learning structure.
- Perform therapeutic limits, pro-active interventions and behavioral skills with clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding in cultural issues in the treatment process.
- Participate in treatment plans and goals of assigned clients.
- Utilize the agency’s operations policies and procedures, personnel policies and procedures.
- Follows written protocol from medical personnel in regards to assigned clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of age appropriate curriculum.
- Knowledge of behavior problems.
- Knowledge of the side effects of therapeutic medication usage.
- Ability to maintain a classroom setting.
- Ability to identify risk situations for closer supervision.
- Ability to respond to crisis.
- Ability to develop/implement behavioral contingency programs.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated psycho-educational treatment program.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness and application of developmental theory.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to contribute positively as a team member.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Alaska Teaching Certificate (preferred) and two years experience in working with SED youth.
Must have a current Alaska driver’s license and auto insurance per agency standards.
This position requires clearance of state and federal background check.
Adult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid certification
Managing Aggressive Behavior training or MANT.
NOTE: JYS is a dynamic organization changing as needed to best address its goals. This job description is representative of duties at a moment in time and is intended as a “living document” updated periodically to reflect changes in job responsibilities and/or emphasis. It is not intended or implied to be an employment contract but is a communication tool to explain the responsibilities, advertise the job and identify performance measures and potential training needs.
If you are interested in applying for any of our open positions please apply online through our Applicant Portal.